Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bless Her Tender Little Heart


Special K came bounding down the stairs Tuesday night, an hour past bedtime, hunting for a stuffed animal to cuddle.  After retrieving her precious swan from behind a couch she turned and bounced back to the stairs.  

I called after her, "I love you, Boo."  She stopped in her tracks but didn't respond.  "I love you", I repeated.  Suddenly she began to sob.  "Boo, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" 

"I just love you," she wailed as she ran to me for a hug and a kiss. We sat together, squeezing each other tight for several minutes.

Special K is such a tangled ball of kinetic energy that we often forget what an affectionate heart, overflowing with emotion, she has.  She warms my own heart with her tender exuberance.  What a lovely gift from God she has been to us.  Hopefully we remember that quality when she tries our patience, as she so often does.
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

matthew archbold said...

For me, that's my second one. She's full of life but her emotions run really deep. I have to be careful sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

Goreapollosa said...

Wonderful post about the love and emotion a little girl can bring. Try to remember it when she is 14 and knows so much and wants her mom to ignore her when she is with her friends.