Look Ma, I'm a Barista


So, have I shown you the fantabulous gift Wingnut got me for Christmas?  It is this beautiful Pasquini espresso machine with coffee grinder.  Isn't it shiny and lovely! Wingnut has always been a coffee aficionado (I, on the other hand, grew up drinking pre-ground Folgers) and we have had some form of espresso maker in our home since the earliest days of our marriage. Obviously we've come a long way since our first little $60 Krups machine.

Did you know making proper espresso is an art form?  It takes quite a bit of practice and adjustment to get the correct grind, the proper 15 to 30 second shot draw, and a beautiful head of crema.  Then there are the variations of drinks to master.  Beside a straight espresso, there are Cafe Americano, Cappuchino, Macchiato, Breve, Cafe Latte, Cafe Mocha, Cubano, etc.  You can check out an entire list of variations here on Wikipedia.  Wingnut has nearly mastered the Cappuchino replete with the classic meringue textured foam. I wonder, if I am a barista, does that make him a barrister? Never mind, my Pasquini is calling me!  Would you like a cup?

Comments

Sam said…
o man rob is going to want one!!!+JMJ+
Rob said…
It would be impolite to say that i hate, so i'll stick with "i'm totally jealous! Awesome espresso maker and great hair.....what more could wingnut want?
PS thanks for the major award. I would have responded earlier but I’ve been soaking in it
Party of Eleven said…
Ya know, I've never had espresso before ;)
Maurisa said…
It's funny, I mention coffee in my blog and I get comments like crazy in my combox. Maybe I'll write about coffee everyday ;-)
Walter said…
Dang...you always get the cool stuff! I am either stuck with hand me downs or toughskins!!! I guess my little French Press will have to suffice for now. Tell Wingnut to send me over a capp with light foam on top. I love ya sis and miss you guys a lot!
Tonya said…
Hate is the word that crossed my mind also. I'll stick with I'm insanely jealous and wish I had NEVER moved. I could be enjoying a cup this afternoon!
Anonymous said…
Nice machine, the only espresso I drink is when I come to visit back there. I guess I'm mostly responsible for the ground folgers in your life. I still drink ground folgers as a matter of fact. Something I picked up from GG.
love dad
Michelle said…
coffee party at your house? name the date!
Anonymous said…
You just suck! That coffee looks quite yummy! Can't wait to come visit to have a cup with ya.
momto5minnies said…
Coffee ... always makes for good talk ;)

WOW, you are one lucky girl to get such a wonderful machine like that.

Popular Posts