{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} Small Town America

round button chicken





{Pretty}



I took a little photo excursion into our little town.  I love this old sign.  










Black and white gives it a real vintage flair.






{Happy}



Wingnut Jr. was having a blast jumping his scooter in the neighbor's driveway.






{Funny}
  

I call this "Tin Roof Rusted".  I just cracked up when I discovered this corrugated tin out building with a lovely painting displayed on its exterior.  I found the dissonance funny.






{Real}


In our small town, very few of the shops are still operating along Main Street.  It's probably typical of many small town America Main Streets.

Comments

Mrs. C said…
You know, this is the third post I've read about small towns this week. I live in a small town and just adore it. Our main street looks similar and when we first moved here there were a lot of empty places but amazingly some of them are opening up. One became a pizza and sandwich shop in which the breads, desserts and most of the items on the menu are made from scratch.

A local family opened a hardware store and a photographer moved into another. It's so nice to see these old buildings coming to life again. As I told another "small town" poster, I need to do a post about our small town.

Thanks for sharing pics of yours!

Mrs. C

Popular Posts