Dodged a Bullet

Jury duty was on my "to do list" today. Five years ago, when I last served, I really did not want to go. I had five children at home, none of whom was old enough to babysit, so Wingnut had to take leave and stayed home with them. I ended up really enjoying myself. I actually served on a small claims jury and in the end I was truly happy I served.

This time around, I was once again dreading jury duty. I did not want to get up at 6 am and spend my morning sitting in the courthouse. Why is it we all want our rights, but when it comes to our responsibilities as citizens we drag our feet? Thankfully, the message on the petit court's answering machine excused my group for today. I know I should feel bad for not being called. I just don't. I'm a terrible, terrible citizen.

Comments

Katie said…
I would be happy too!
Tonya said…
I have NEVER served on a jury. I've been called up once? twice? and the only time I remember we were planning to be out of town. Got out of that!! :-)
Teresa said…
I don't see why you have to like it. The point is you have to do it. Actually, if you don't want to do it, wouldn't that make you more patriotic because you're doing something you don't want to do for the sake of your country? :D

Popular Posts