Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rockin' Coleslaw

For Special K's party on Sunday, we made pulled pork, BBQ beans from scratch, homemade BBQ sauce, veggies and homemade ranch dip, and homemade salsa. As a garnish for the pulled pork I threw together a little coleslaw on the fly. As so many of our guests wanted to know what was in it, I thought I'd post the recipe here. (plus, I really don't want to forget how I made it!)

Spicy Slaw

1/2 head of cabbage shredded
2/3 cup chopped cilantro
2 jalapenos, finely diced (I did not seed or de-rib the jalapenos so it had a little extra kick)
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl combine oil, vinegar, cilantro, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Add the shredded cabbage and toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but not longer than 48 hours. Serve as a side, or as a garnish for pulled BBQ sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs or sausages.
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Walter said...

Hey Mau,

I made your bacon cream cheese and onion dip...it was sooooooo good! I am making the smoked salmon dip this weekend! You are the best ever!!!!

Love ya Mau

YourBro

Katie said...

Thanks for posting . . . it was so good!

Our Family said...

That was soooo good! Thanks for posting it.