{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} 7/25

round button chicken




{Pretty}



We spend much of our time outside during the golden hours of the evening.  It's cooler then and we are usually just bidding time until bed for Lil' Lamb.  The flowers are so pretty during the golden hours and last evening the bees were having a hay day collecting pollen.



I've never seen such lovely bees! They are color coordinated to the flowers.




I love the lone orange stripe across the abdomen.



{Happy}

Potatoes
The garden is doing pretty well this year.  This will be the most successful garden I've nurtured, unless the deer get to it this year.  They've already eaten parts of my tomato plants.  If they get the rest of my garden before I can harvest we are either putting up a big fence or getting a big dog.  Beware, deer, beware!

Lettuce




Peas


{Happy}



Lil' Lamb loves the landscaping boulders.  He can't resist climbing them, running along them, and jumping off them.  I laughed as I began editing these photos because of his little tongue hanging out as he geared up to jump.









It cracked me up to see he jumps with his eyes closed.  Or at least lands with his eyes closed.


He ended each landing with a headstand.  We may have a little parkour-ist on our hands.






 {Real}


This is my lone pathetic basil plant.  Why does basil hate me so?  I can't tell you how many little basil seedlings I've killed.  All I want is enough homegrown basil to make some fresh pesto.  Is that too much to ask?










Comments

Rebecca said…
awwwwwwwww. That BOY of yours!
Anonymous said…
LOVE your pics this week! Those flowers are beautiful! Just stunning, but I'm allergic to bees and therefore hate them. Grats on your garden too! I vote for big dog! A German Shepard or Golden Retriever. Are you guys going to try for your own chicken coop as well?
Maurisa said…
Yes, Natalie. Chickens are on next springs agenda!
Leila said…
Great post. I miss my garden while I am waiting here with Deirdre for the baby! Don't know what's happening with it :/
I do know my basil was pathetic when I left!

Popular Posts