Cream of Tomato Soup Elevated

Sometimes I post recipes immediately after I've tested them the first time.  I do this so that I don't forget how I made a particular recipe.  This can be a bit of a mistake, especially if I already know I'm going to make improvements upon my original recipe.

Last week I posted my recipe for Cream of Tomato Soup.  I made it with the ingredients I had on hand, and while it was pretty darn yummy, I was already forming improvements in my mind.  I also hated the photo I took, so I really wanted to improve upon that as well.

Please bear with me as I once again post a recipe for Cream of Tomato Soup.


Cream of Tomato Soup Elevated

2 14 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes pureed in a blender or food processor
1 TBSP olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz plain yogurt (we use goat yogurt due to milk allergies)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 or 5 basil leaves; chiffonade (rolled and cut into ribbons)
2 TBSP sautéed pancetta crumbles
2 TBSP goat cheese crumbles

In a sauce pan bring olive oil and garlic to a sizzle.  Carefully add tomatos, yogurt, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer over medium heat stirring constantly.  Spoon into bowls and top with basil, pancetta, and goat cheese.



Comments

Popular Posts