Small Successes: Making Forward Progress


Small Successes for August 12, 2010:

1) The school cupboard and shelves have been cleared out of the old and restocked with the new. All our reusable texts and materials have been carefully organized and put into the proper bins. All our new school supplies have been purchased and put in their proper places, ready for the new year. I decided to purchase everything early this year so as not to miss the before school sales. We bought 5 (we were limited to 5) packs of lined paper for 1 cent each! Notebooks, pens, pencils, etc. were also purchased for great prices, plus I was able to get Karate Kid's TI-83 calculator for her college calculus and analytical geometry class in time to take advantage of the rebate.

2) I had a referral appointment this week (did not know beforehand that was what it was) and I did not hesitate to call and make my first real OB appointment when I returned home. I still have to wait two more weeks, but at least we are making progress in the obtaining medical care. I chose a birthing center that looks absolutely lovely. I sure hope I get to deliver at their lovely home in their beautiful and homey birthing rooms rather than at the hospital. We shall see if they balk at my AMA (advanced maternal age).

3) Wingnut was traveling this week and has been on a longer than normal trip. Of course we had some kind of crisis while he was away and I did my best to handle it in his absence. He was there calling and texting frequently making sure I was doing ok. I am so grateful for his long distance support, but I can't wait for him to get home. I know there's a success in there somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it. I'm thanking God I am not a single parent. I really have no idea how I would survive without Wingnut by my side!

Have Small Successes to share? Leave your link at Faith and Family Live.

Comments

Mary said…
Great week.
Congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck!
Michelle said…
Very successful week! God bless!
#1 kind of makes the upcoming school year more official, doesn't it? Out with the old, in with the new? :-D.

Yay for beautiful birthing centers! :)
Tonya said…
Surviving w/o hubby is always a success in my mind! No one died, you weren't admitted to a mental hospital, kids are fed, clothed and taken care of. GOOD JOB! :-)
Kansas Mom said…
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Maria said…
Great week for you! Ditto to what Tonya said above...surviving w/out DH is your success on #3.
Tori said…
My husband doesn't travel often, but I find myself thinking the same thing when he is away: thank God I'm not a single parent! I don't know how they do it. It helps me appreciate all that he does so much more.

Great successes this week!
Unknown said…
Fantastic week! My guy travels a lot too and it's so comforting to have him on the other end of those texts when things get challenging at home!
Congratulations once more on your newest little miracle. AMA! Pish Posh! God is good all the time!
Have a fabulous week!

Popular Posts