Small Successes: 17 Weeks In


Small Successes for August 19, 2010:

1) Ok, I'm not completely caught up on laundry this week, but I'm getting there. I just have a couple more loads today and then I can take a small breath before starting all over again.

2) The kids and I tackled the "pit of despair", or the basement/wreck room last Friday. It wasn't as bad as I feared, but it wasn't as good as I hoped. I avoid the basement at all costs, but it is the area I store all our school books that we have used and will not be needing for the current school year. Obviously, since I was organizing the school cupboard, a trip to the basement was inevitable. The children cleaned and I directed traffic, as well as reorganized the bookshelves so they will be able to find reading material more easily. Time will tell how long the basement will stay this way, but I shouldn't need to head down there anytime soon ;)

3) Baby and I are 17 weeks into this pregnancy and doing pretty well. I'm definitely feeling movement--hooray! My clothes are feeling a little snug, but I haven't had to dig out the maternity wear, just yet. I know it's coming soon. I did order a "tummy sleeve" which should mean I can wear regular clothing just a bit longer. I know I'll get sick and tired of my maternity clothes soon enough. The longer they stay in the bin, the better!

Have Small Successes to share? Add your link at Faith and Family Live.

Comments

Mary said…
I got one of those sleeve-type things too. I got a Bella band and I wore it almost every day. Toward the end, it helped cover the giant belly where the pants and shirt fell short. Then I wore it afterwards to hod up my maternity clothes until I could fit back into regular clothes. What a Godsend!

Glad you're feeling well!
Mary @ Cheerios said…
Get outta here! You JUST are starting to put on our wonderful maternity wear? I have been wearing them for months! haa haa seriously! I think I put them on back around week 8!!! We are 20 weeks now and love that the morning/day sickness is gone and love feeling the baby move too :) What a joy!
God bless,
(another!) Mary @ Cheerios
Unknown said…
Pit of despair! LOL! I have one of those. Maybe I will actually get to it this week. Thanks for the inspiration!

I hope things continue to go well with you and your newest miracle.

Blessings and grace my friend!
Anonymous said…
Yay for baby movement! I still rank that on list of coolest things in the world. A pregnant friend of mine gave me a great idea I'm going to use when pregnant again and theis suspenders. Yes, suspenders. She said they have worked great at keeping her maternity pants up without having to wear the belly band to help keep them in place. I'm excited to try it out since suspenders come in all sorts of styles, colors, and patterns. She actually wears hers under he clothes though. Not as outgoing I guess or just more fashion conscious. =)
I truly LOL-ed at the "pit of despair" :). That's hilarious, but awesome!

Congrats on the incredible successes this week!
Walt said…
Hey Mau,

Wow...a comment thread full of Marys today! You never see one full of Walts...that's because I'm one of a kind!!! Now when it comes to laundry...make StatNut wash his own disgusting drawers...that alone will take a load off your plate. With the "Pit of Dispair"...threaten that the gang will be bannished to the pit without bread or water until it is cleaned...or...they are relegated to washing StatNut's drawers. Either one should create enough incentive for action to be taken. When it comes to you and my new neice or nephew...do what you need to do...you need a tummy sleeve then by all means!!! That baby needs ice cream...pound down the Ben and Jerrys...whatever that growing little tyke needs you provide. This Uncle loves that little guy or girl and he/she deserves only the best.

Love Ya Mau,

YourBro
doughraisingmom said…
We have one of those pits of despair at our house too, imagine that, I thought we had corner on the market with that. Actually, we are in the middle of completely redoing it, removing some walls, constructing others, what a mess. It sounds like you are making more progress on yours though.
Anonymous said…
pit of despair your so mean



skoshi A
Anonymous said…
unc you are allso mean why shouldent i get what i want whaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dawn said…
congrats on all your successes! Baby movement! Glad to hear it! Or er..glad you feel it :)

Popular Posts