Say a Prayer Today . . . Updated

. . . for me and our lil' bambino. We have our first prenatal appointment this morning. I'm just a tad nervous. Doctors and I don't get along so well, plus being pregnant is always nerve wracking for me. Hopefully I'll have a more positive update later today. God's Will be done. Amen.

*Update*
Frustration is the word for today. It took five weeks for the clinic to fit me in for an appointment so that they could refer me for obstetric care. No measurement. No heartbeat. I must play the waiting game again. The doctor did laugh as he informed me that only Military Healthcare Services' patients must go through this process. Everyone else can just call in and request a referral. That's government healthcare for you. Hopefully I'll be able to get in early next week to see a midwife at my clinic of choice. Thank you so much for the prayers. Keep them coming!

Comments

Dawn said…
will do Maurisa.
Party of Eleven said…
Prayers said! Looking forward to the update :)
momto5minnies said…
I'm sorry the day didn't go the way you had hoped.

Keeping you in my prayers ...
Anonymous said…
Oh that is frustrating and you obviously have more patience than me. I would have demanded to hear a heartbeat or have a conformation of one. I'll be pryaing for you and baby.
Walt said…
Hey Mau,

Come on and quit being such a grumpy gus!!! They will get you in for your first ultrasound and measurement the week after the baby comes. Of course you will get your clinic of choice as long as its what they choose for you! Why do you need a midwife, doctor or clinic anyways??? Half a dozen prodcutions plus one should be a clue to you that you are an OLD pro at this. Please don't tell me you need one more person in your life to boss around or debate health care with?!? Your demagoguery is annoying! Next time you walk into the clinic you should push out your baby bump a little further than normal and yell "I have a bomb strapped to my belly and I'm not afraid to use it. Now where is my St@*id midwife?!?!" That is how you get healthcare moving!!! All joking aside...definitely will be saying my separated brethren protestant prayers for you and my neice/nephew/both (hehehehehe).

Love Ya Mau,

YourBro
Dawn said…
Oh, Walt..I love that bomb thing. I have to try it. Well..maybe not..I am sorry Maurisa, that you didn't get to hear the heartbeat. I will continue to pray for you and the your little one. I know it's not fun to wait.
Tonya said…
Oh. Bummer. I was just praying for you. Military health care stinks. They actually can't call it health "care" because they don't care! Are you going to go to the midwives in Annapolis?
Sarah Oldham said…
I'll add your intentions to my daily Divine Mercy chaplet. HUGS!
Anonymous said…
I'm hoping that you can find room in your heart for at least one (future) physician. Sorry that the day didn't turn out as you hoped it would. You're in my prayers!
Katie said…
praying from cape cod!

Popular Posts