Something's Got to Give


This is it.  The week they have been waiting for, for the last 10 weeks.  Nutcracker performance week is finally here.  We'll be spending the better part of our time at the Kennedy Center with costume fittings, rehearsals, and then the performances on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Wingnut will be in and out this week, so thankfully he bought airline tickets for my sister to come out and help me with Baby Wingnut and Special K.  She also scored tickets to see the girls perform.  As an added bonus, my dad decided to tag along.  I can't wait for them to get here!

Life is going to be crazy around here.  Something has got to give, not just one something, but a lot of somethings.  There is only so much time in a day, right?  I don't want to desert our Advent projects or liturgical traditions, so those we will try very hard to keep up with those. School is definitely out the window.  Most of our extra curricular activities will be abandoned. This blog will probably suffer some neglect, unless I have something absolutely amazing to post.  The last something I will have to let go of . . . gulp. . . is the housework.  I know, the sacrifices I have to make!  I am so thankful my visitors are my sister and my dad.  I couldn't ask for guests less concerned with how clean my house is.  Whew!

Please say a prayer for NO SNOW this week.  Rehearsals and performances go on with or without snow.  I don't do snow.  I just can't have snow this week.  Also, say a quick prayer for me, that I make it through this week intact and sane.   Hopefully I'll have amazing pictures and stories to post next week about our complete Nutcracker experience.  Blessings!

*Family Service Project:  wash doors around the house, inside and out and especially door knobs.

Comments

Tonya said…
Oh! I'm so happy for you! Tell your sister I said hello! Glad they are there with you this week. Hope it all goes great!

Popular Posts