Friday, August 24, 2012

Mediterranean Hummus Dip






I saw something similar to this recipe on Pinterest.  I put my own spin on it, including making my own hummus.  Wingnut and I had it for lunch yesterday.  It was really delicious and so nutritious too!


Mediterranean Hummus Dip

Two 14 oz cans chickpeas; drained and rinsed
1 small jar sundried tomatoes
2 TBSP Tahini (you can sub 2 tsp sesame oil)
1/2 cup olive oil
juice from one lemon
2 tsp garlic; minced
1small cucumber; peeled and diced
15 Kalmatta olives; chopped
1/2 small red pepper; diced
4 TBSP goat cheese crumbles
20 mint leaves; minced
Salt

In a blender or food processor blend together the first six ingredients until completely smooth to make the hummus.  Spread 1 cup of the hummus in the bottom of a shallow serving dish or bowl.  Top hummus with remaining ingredients in layers.  Serve with pita wedges, pita crisps, multigrain crackers, multigrain tortilla chips, or sliced zucchini.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: