New Toy


Photography is a little hobby I've grown an interest in over the last few years, especially after teaching introductory photography classes for our co-op. It was amazing how much I learned while teaching, and not to pat myself on the back too much, I must have done a fairly decent job teaching, as a few of my students have gone on to enter their photographs in various competitions and have received modest recognition.

I was perfectly happy using my little Canon Sure Shot, until I developed camera envy after seeing the amazing photos a friend of ours took using a much higher end camera. It's been the one thing I've been asking for the last year or so. My coveting did not go unnoticed. Wingnut remembered and surprised me one evening with my new Canon EOS Rebel T2i. He is so awesome! I love the new toy and I'm busy learning to use it before our new little bundle arrives.

I've been reading The Pioneer Woman's photography blog, trying to learn a few of her techniques. Did you know she never uses a flash? She much prefers natural light. If a photo won't turn out using the light available, she doesn't take it.

Here are two examples of similar photos taken using only natural light, the only difference between the two is the shutter speed. Yep, It's going to take me a while to get the hang of all the intricacies of this camera. Should be fun.


ISO 6400; f/5.6; shutter speed 1/40


ISO 6400; f/5.6; shutter speed 1/15

Comments

Party of Eleven said…
Take pictures of FOOD!!! She is having a food photo contest right now!!

Popular Posts