Is There a Patron Saint for That?

I have friends who, no matter what life throws at them, just keep on truckin' and go with the flow. I'm not like that at all. I wish I were. I'm one of those people that has our daily lives all mapped out and I just can't get my brain to reroute once we hit the road. I feel so sorry for Wingnut. He's the one person that suffers most from my inflexibilities. He could have the greatest idea for getting things done, and I'll have a dozen reasons why his plan does not work. I have this very annoying tendency to hesitate, or even say, "No, that won't work." Later I'll mull the situation over and then decide the new plan is actually better and the obstacles I once saw as insurmountable are really little mole hills. I suppose it's a step in the right direction to realize I'm like this. I take it to confession regularly and lift my stubbornness up in prayer. Is there a patron saint for the inflexible?

Comments

Popular Posts