Dream House Mauri
1) 3 bathrooms, at least 2 must be full baths and the last can be some kind of partial. Does that sound spoiled? We have 3 1/2 baths now which is quite luxurious, but there are many occasions, especially Sundays when 3 bathrooms are occupied at the same time.
2) A spacious kitchen with lots of storage space. I practically live in the kitchen and being one of those moms that loves to cook, this is a definite must.
3) A covered garage that our 12 passenger van will fit in. It snows a lot in Utah. I have a feeling clearing vehicles on a daily basis might get pretty old.
4) A walk in pantry; oh that would be sooooo nice!
5) A gas range; I had one once in Oklahoma and I just loved it. For a foodie like me, a gas range would be absolutely heavenly!
6) Land; 2 or 3 acres would be just about perfect. We could raise laying hens and plant a good sized garden. We might even be able to raise a couple goats!
6) A laundry ROOM; We've had a laundry closet for the last 10 years. I would love to have a nice room with storage and room for Wingnut's ironing accessories (the man loves to iron).
7) An extra bedroom for guests; we can get away with a 4 or even 3 bedrooms, but having an extra room for visitors would be lovely.
8) A photography studio; the guest room could double for this purpose. Of all the artistic endeavors I've attempted, photography is something I would really, really love to pursue further. A studio will need lots of natural light, so several windows would be a must.
9) A separate formal living area, office, and family/exercise room; This is actually less than we have now, but we have been spoiled by having so much living space.
10) A walk-in closet; We have one in this house and I love it.
11) A mud room; it would be so nice to have an accessible space to store winter gear, rain gear, and beach gear.
This house would have to fall within our price range and be within reasonable commuting distance from the high school for JayP, the commissary for grocery shopping, the monastery Wingnut has fallen in love with, and Wingnut's new job location. Obviously I will have to compromise, but it never hurts to dream.