Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Don't Forget Your Lipstick

I have been getting up early most every morning this summer and heading out with my heavy hands to walk about 3-4 miles in my neighborhood.  This morning I wasn't feeling energetic at all, but I managed to haul my dead body out the door and trudged down the street.  About 3/4 of a mile into my walk I passed a woman I see most every morning on my walks.  As she passed me I was struck with how nicely she was dressed.  She was not wearing what I would call classic workout wear at all.  She was dressed in a spangled blouse and black leggings.  She wore a cute beret and huge bangle earrings.  She was even wearing make up and PERFUME!  I was about bowled over by it. I found the whole thing pretty comical, but I'll tell you, it got me through the rest of my walk and I didn't once think about how I hated being out for a walk this morning.  I'm pretty sure she is out every morning, like me, just trying to get some exercise, but she does it with such style.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: