Touching Scenes on TV

Did you see the season premiere of 19 Kids and Counting? I'm not a regular viewer, but occasionally I have followed the story of this growing family over the years. The Duggars are a lovely, devoted, and faith-filled family and while others may find their very large family an oddity, I think they are inspirational.

Due to complications during her latest pregnancy, Michelle delivered their youngest daughter 15 weeks early via c-section in December. Little Josie Duggar weighed just over 1 pound and faces an up hill battle, but so far so good. The longer this little girl hangs in there the better her chances of survival.

I managed to tune in on Monday night to see the delivery of Josie and the first visit of her 18 siblings. While parents Jim Bob and Michelle did their best to prepare their children for what to expect, the reaction of their older children was incredibly moving. As they surrounded Josie's incubator to gaze upon this new fragile life many of the Duggar children were reduced to tears. You could see they were in complete shock, and yet beyond the shock you could see the absolute outpouring of love for their new little sister. 18 children and yet there is room in their hearts for one more. It was touching and beautiful. Wouldn't it be a blessing if every child conceived in the womb were welcomed into a world where there was love enough for one more? The Duggar family is an admirable and beautiful example of what it truly means to be pro-life, and that more abundantly.

Comments

Tonya said…
I was in tears as I watched. I have never seen a baby so tiny, so fragile. Made my heart hurt! I so agree with you on the Duggar's. What a wonderful example of living your faith and loving LIFE. :-)
Anonymous said…
I love the Duggars:)
Kathy said…
I totally agree! My older daughters(13 and 11) and I were in tears watching that part of the show.
Stina said…
Yes! Lots of tears...tears of joy, sadness, awe...How beautiful, fragile, and precious life is, at every stage!
Walt said…
Hey Mau,

Before I get to my lovely sarcastic side I do want to say that the Duggars are an example to us all of what a healthy loving family looks like...even with the help of editing. Now back to our regularly scheduled comment...I cannot stand that show! You take the cheesiest parts of the Brady Bunch and any other "Family" type of show and package them together and you still couldn't reach the "gross" level of cheesy like whatever the name of that show is...30 dozen and counting (or something like that). What would make it really cool is if the dad were to show up at home one day with Jack Bauer from 24 prepared to go out and kick some terrorist hind quarters! Now that would be good TV. It would sure beat his cheesy jokes!

Love Ya Mau,
YourBro
Maurisa said…
Ah, brother, don't be hatin' on the Duggars. I like a little cheese now and then.
Party of Eleven said…
We all watch the Duggar repeats around here (except for Ryan, he can't stand it). I haven't seen the new season yet, though, but even the commercials make me teary!!!
Walt said…
All you women are SUCKERS!!! for hyped up cheesy drama!
Mary @ Cheerios said…
The Duggars is one of our favorite shows-we watch the repeats on Youtube or TLC. It's a great show that the kids can watch too! They have such a unique, authentic and beautiful way of honoring God in their family. WHen JimBob said that the new baby Josie was beautiful b/c God made her was so awesome, so touching! I am so glad there is a show out there like this-uplifting and inspiring. God bless the Duggars! God bless, Mary @ Cheerios

Popular Posts