What's at Stake



Well, I've done my civic duty.  I spent several hours yesterday researching candidates and ballot measures for the State of Washington in order to fill out my absentee ballot.  All that is left now is to sign, seal and deliver.

Much has been made in the media over Proposition 8 in California, which if passed would protect the traditional definition of marriage, but I had not even heard word one about Initiative 1000 in Washington until I opened my ballot last week..  Proponents of initiative 1000 call it the "Death with Dignity" plan and it would closely mirror the same plan implemented in Oregon a decade ago. It's frustrating to be from a left leaning state. Many of my votes won't even make a dent in the landslide victories of the liberals. 

So much more is at stake this election than our next president. My hope and my prayer for Washington is pretty simple. I am praying this ballot measure pushing for the allowance of physician assisted suicide is defeated. This one small victory for life could mean so much to the pro-life movement in Washington State. Will you join me in prayer?


Remember, O most compassionate Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your assistance,
or sought your intercession was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
we fly unto you, O Virgin of Virgins, our Mother;
to you we come; before you we kneel sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not our petitions,
but in your clemency hear and answer them. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts