Don't Blink. . .

or your baby will go from this . . .







to this. . . 

Karate Kid is an extraordinary young lady; creative, smart, funny, athletic, responsible, faithful, and a terrific role model for her younger siblings.  I often feel sorry for her. Being the first born, she is the first to experience our parenting for good or for bad.  

Just this morning I was left with a sinking feeling, wondering when did she go from compliant obedience to confidently challenging our autocracy? Gone are the days of the submissive "Yes, ma'am" and "Yes, sir".  She has become a young woman with her own ideas, opinions, and free will.

I remember, as a teen, telling my mother, "You just don't understand me!"  Now I am the mother and that teen is right in a myriad of ways.  I didn't believe I would be so blind-sided by my children growing up, but I have been.  Her younger siblings are blessed to have been born after Karate Kid.  We won't be taken so off guard by their growth into independence and autonomy.

Lord, give me the grace I need to guide my children into holiness. Amen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I admire how you have raised your children! Nadja has grown into such a beautiful young women! Keep it up sis!

Popular Posts