Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Reading List

I have Kindle on my iPad and I have fallen in love with reading books on it.  I love the immediate gratification of being able to download a novel and begin reading it right away.  No more waiting for the UPS truck to bring my Amazon finds, as long as Kindle carries the title!

Imagine the thrill I had when I discover Amazon has a very nice selection of FREE books.  Yes, FREE!  I downloaded the entire collection of Elizabeth Gaskell's books and short stories, many titles I had not yet read.  I ❤ Kindle.  I ❤ Amazon.  I ❤ free books.  I ❤ that I've discovered how to use special characters on my blog.

Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Now see if your local library has free Kindle books to loan. My summer junk reading is the long list of Ladies' No. 1 Detective Agency books by Alexander McCall Smith - all FREE from my public library (good thing, because they'd be $8 each or more via Amazon for my Kindle, and I'm on Book #8). Pregnancy/PCS insomnia at 2 am has me downloading and reading a new title in a few minutes.

Katie said...

You are actually making me want to get a Kindle . . . but I am not sure I can make the switch. I love the feel of a book in my hand.

bobbi @ revolution of love said...

Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded some E.G. :-)