Lent 2018

Last week I had another article published by Catholic Sistas.  It was a fairly extensive list of appropriate Lenten reading material for all ages.  You can read it here.

It has been the practice in our family to spend 30 minutes of each day during Lent reading from spiritual works. This year I have added a journaling or Lectio Divina aspect to our practice.


Here are our Lenten reading/journaling materials for 2018




Leo:  I still read out loud to our youngest.  Every year we work our way through the Catholic Treasure Box series as well as several other lovely picture books I've collected over the years.  This year I'm adding The Ink Garden of Brother Theophane, Saint Brendan and the Voyage Before Columbus, and The Queen of the Cross.  I also signed him up for Holy Heroes' Lenten Adventure daily emails. For his journaling I downloaded free worksheets from Education in Virtue.






Benedict: Our avid reader will read Amy Welborn's series of Prove It books, The Young People's Book of Saints by Hugh Ross Williamson, and anything else I can find to keep him reading.  Education in Virtue publishes a lovely Lenten journal entitled The Paschal Mystery of Christ which is appropriate for 6th grade through high school.

Katerina: Kat will be reading Patrick Madrid's Surprised by Truth series and The Many Faces of Virtue by Donald DeMarco.  She will also be using Education in Virtue's Lenten journal.






Angela and Olivia:  Our college girls will choose their own reading material, if they have time between school and work.  I got them each a copy of Above All from Take up and Read for their Lectio Divina.

Myself: I'll be finishing Sigrid Undset's Stages on the Road and beginning Strangers in a Strange Land.  I might even reread Cardinal Dolan's Called to Holiness.  I will also be using Above All for my Lectio Divina.


I can't believe Lent is just a few hours away.  I pray your Lent is fruitful and draws you closer to our Lord. Pax!






Comments

Edward Palamar said…
You are part of a search and rescue for lost Catholics.

Regular updates to the countdown to the Day of the Lord by the sign of
the Son of Man in Heaven at :

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.com/

What to expect in the final days :

https://www.tldm.org/news/darkness-11-13-98.htm

http://miraculousrosary.blogspot.com/p/three-days-of-darkness.html

I was guided to think, for a while, using the "1335 = 2300"
methodology, explained here :

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.com/t369-1335-2300-methodology

We are less than 13 days away from prophetic history : the completion
of the 2300 day cleansing period of Daniel 8:14. When Jesus said to
me, "Give in now, John, until it comes time to fulfill all justice.",
He was referencing that point in time between "this age" and "the age
to come". That point in time is between December 29, 2018 A.D. and
December 30, 2018 A.D. There is no changing this by human means.

Popular Posts