This Crazy Life

I think our battle with the flu is done, at least for this round.  It was relatively soft on us, as it was just Special K and I that ended up sidelined.  Now it's time to play catch up again. Life can certainly get completely out of hand.

We are still in recovery mode from Christmas break.  The two girls were home and we had a lot of fun. They both learned to ski, we did a lot of baking, and nearly every meal was a special request.  I can't believe they are both back at school.  I miss them so much.

The house is a disaster.  The vacuum broke more than two weeks ago and replacement parts have not arrived yet.  The tree was losing needles like crazy.  I knew there was a reason I never put up a tree before Gaudete Sunday.  It was a pretty sad looking tree by the time it finally came down this weekend.  Wingnut ended up buying me a new vacuum just so we didn't feel like we were living in continual filth.  I spent the weekend vacuuming like a nut, but now the house feels so much cleaner.  I'm not sure where I am for FlyLady, but if I get all the Christmas decorations put away today, I'll feel pretty good.

Our house in Maryland is in the final stages of being sold.  It was on the market 9 days and we had two solid offers on it.  Everything was cooking right along until Saturday when the house tested .1 above the 4.0 limit for radon.  The buyers freaked a little, but have calmed down now that we are putting in a mitigation system.  We hope to close here in just a couple weeks.  That will be a huge worry off our plates.  We never expected to sell.  God is good, that is for sure!

Wingnut has two of the kids out skiing today.  It is bitter cold, but there is tons of snow.  They should have a grand day.  I've got Country Captain Chicken bubbling in the crockpot and just a few more free moments before I take another crack at the craziness around here.  Hopefully I'll be back again this week.  I'm sure hoping to get some photos taken this week.  Pax!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Mmmmm....that chicken sounds yummy! Glad you hear you are up and about.

Popular Posts