Getting Back on Track

The weight has crept back on since Thanksgiving, when I was at my lowest weight in more than 15 years. Sigh.  I haven't been running consistently at all.   I've been so fatigued that I end up taking naps as often as possible.  Getting out of bed in the morning is a huge chore, and my joints hurt.  I know eating better and exercise are the only real remedy for the malaise. And now I'm seeing I really need to eliminate sugar from my diet completely, no matter how much I run and watch everything else in my diet, the sugar is lethal.

It's that season in life, the very back side of fertility and the downward slope toward bing an old lady. Well, my body may be feeling it, but that doesn't mean I have to succumb to it.  Yesterday, I made the commitment to get back on track; to exercise again and more often, to eat more lean protein, fruits and veggies and to get enough fiber into my diet.  Hopefully, I'll be back to where I was last year by Thanksgiving this year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Our 2 months of visiting family and friends has caught up with me. I am trying to get back on track too.
Mallu

Popular Posts