Who Doesn't Love Turkey Sandwiches?

One of my absolute favorite things about Thanksgiving turkey are the sandwiches I make from the left-overs. Sadly, the only time I ever get those sandwiches are right after Thanksgiving. Recently I was watching Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and I was thrilled to see a piece on a little deli that served Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches year round. It was one of those, "I could have had a V8!" moments. Why not have fresh roasted turkey sandwiches whenever I want? You can do this without roasting a whole turkey! This simple idea has become a family favorite and it is the perfect summertime-on-the-go supper, and it is so incredibly simple! During the summer I roast the turkey in the morning before it gets too hot. Once roasted cool for about 1/2 an hour before refrigerating.

1 whole turkey breast (yes, they have them year round!)
Salt and pepper to taste
Good sandwich bread
Mayo, mustard, whatever condiment you love
Pea sprouts or torn lettuce
Any other toppings you desire

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Sprinkle turkey breast with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on weight. Turkey breast should reach 175 degrees. Cool and either slice or tear into rough pieces. Build a perfect turkey sandwich.

Comments

Popular Posts