To the Pumpkin Patch We Go

As is our family tradition, I took the kids to the pumpkin patch today to pick out large pumpkins to carve. We then spent a good part of the afternoon cleaning and carving works of art to display on our front porch. You may notice we have one extra in our group. She is the daughter of OJ's flute teacher. I help homeschool her two days a week. She is adorable, sweet, good natured, and a great fit in our family. I think we may just adopt her.
The girls love this little pumpkin cottage, but then don't we all dream of living in a pumpkin shell?
I've been planning this shot for months to use as the header for this blog, but I love the one of Special K's eyes too much to change it.  I still love the beautiful sunflowers in the background. The next time I take a shot like this, Stat Boy will need to trade places with Karate Kid.  He only has about 1/2 an inch more until he is taller than she is.
Here they all are with their pumpkin bounty.  Hmmm, my teens seem a little too enthusiastic about the trip.  Will I need to leave them home next year?  It makes me sad to think they are getting too grown up for this.

Comments

Tonya said…
Man, I love that pumpkin patch! Considering I didn't find one out here this year (didn't look too hard), it makes me sad that we couldn't go!

Good night, Stat Boy is getting VERY tall - what are you feeding him - straight growth hormones?

I didn't know you were homeschooling an extra - you are such a nice person!

Popular Posts