The Heck with Fabulous Foodie Fridays, Simcha Already has a Friday Food Link Up

Why put myself through all the trouble of creating a link up every Friday, when Simcha Fisher has a food related one up and running already, and she is oh-so-much-funnier than me.  My life has been made that much simpler.  So, what was for dinner at your house this week?

Saturday--

Angela and I spent the whole day baking cookies, brownies, blondies, and bread for the youth group bake sale.  There was no way I was making dinner!

The kids had hot dogs and Chris and I had date night.  We tried a new BBQ joint in Ogden.  It was pretty awful.  BarbeqUtah has struck again.  For some odd reason, Utahans cannot brew coffee, make palatable donuts, or cook BBQ worth a darn.  Next time, we will stick to our tried and true Indian restaurants (we have three to choose from).  So far, we haven't had bad Indian food in Utah.  Go figure.



Sunday--

Chicken and andouille sausage jambalaya and corn on the cob from the garden.




Monday--

Slightly spicy tomatillo chorizo soup with flaky goat cheese biscuits and Rice Crispy Treats for dessert.





Tuesday--

Chicken tamale pie (I'll put the recipe up sometime next week) and cantaloupe and blueberry pie bars for dessert.  I quadrupled the recipe, as it was my week to take dinner to another family in our parish. This is one of those dinners the kids cheer about when they hear I'm making it.





Wednesday--

Slow cooker Kalua pork, salad, and pineapple.  This was a new recipe for me.  It worked great, especially since we were out of the house from 8:30 Wednesday morning until nearly 4 in the afternoon.  We came home to the house smelling like a Hawaiian bbq.

Thursday--

Leftover Kalua pork, salad, and fruit with snickerdoodles for dessert.  Yay! No cooking for me!




Friday--

Spinach artichoke quiche and grapes, plus I made cinnamon and sugar pie crust crisps with the leftover scraps of pie dough.




Comments

Popular Posts