Small Successes: Sweating the Small Stuff


Small Successes for March 4, 2010:

1) My mileage has increased slowly and I'm finally nearing the distance I was running before Snow-a-palooza. This weekend's weather and schedule are looking really promising and I'm hoping to get in at least one 4 mile run by the end of the week.

2) The laundry baskets have all been emptied at least one time in the last week. We've kept up with folding and putting finished laundry away, as well. I even iron/steamed some of Lil' Wingnut's dress clothes and a couple of my blouses and I ironed a cute patch on Skoshi A's jeans covering a hole in the knee.

3) I've been pretty consistently planning menus and grocery lists, resulting in incredibly few nights of eating out for the family. We haven't so much as hit a Chick-fil-a in several weeks (although individual kids have been treated after their dental appoints the last couple weeks). Last night, I worked my heart out on a special Indian dish, Chicken Biryani. This dish requires quite a bit of prep, tons of ingredients, and several steps to complete successfully. I thought everything was going wonderfully, until I dished up dinner and realized the bottom of the dish was burnt. The entire entree had that off and burnt kind of taste and much of the rice was still crunchy. I really wanted to toss the whole thing and order take out, but I resisted. We ate the ruined meal. Wingnut doused his with Tabasco and even went back for seconds. I swear the man has no taste buds.

Proud of any Small Successes this week? Post yours at Faith and Family Live.

Comments

ViolinMama said…
HahA! Love #3! That's a success! Good for you doing what you need to do.

I appreciate you sharing the great aspects of your life! Thank you for making my week better!
Party of Eleven said…
Wow, 4 miles! Will you be doing any 5 or 10K's this spring/summer? LOVE the patch idea, I def. need those for my girls jeans. I'm sorry about #3! I know that feeling when you put in such work for one dish and the end result is not what's expected. Great successes!
Kansas Mom said…
Ah, Tabasco sauce. It covers a multitude of culinary problems!
Ah wow, #3 is amazing. If I ever make anything less than perfect (especially if I've put a lot of labor into it) I always want to trash it (though my husband gently reminds me not to be wasteful). That's awesome! (LOL Kansas Mom, Tabasco does cover a multitude of sins, doesn't it?)
Melissa said…
Great attitude on #3, I HATE when cooking goes wrong, especially if it took lots of effort.
Dawn said…
sorry to hear about your dish. That's never fun. Congrats on making 4 miles! We'll be seeing you in the next marathon right! :)

Popular Posts