Friday Favorites April 5th





Books: I'm just about 1/3 of the way through The Brother's Karamazov. I've had this book on my reading list for years. It's extremely interesting so far and has me wondering if culturally Russians are as overtly emotional as they seem in this novel.


Podcasts: I listened to Caroline Farrow's interview with Patrick Coffin. She's a British journalist, wife, and mom who has been questioned by British authorities for comments she has made in social media regarding the LGBT trend of the day: transgenderism. This was an alarming and eye-opening interview. Free speech, free thought, and religious freedom are under attack in Great Britain, people. We need to wake up and stand firm to make sure it does not happen here in America.

Music: I've been enjoying You Say by Christian artist Lauren Daigle. The lyrics are powerful, but it's her voice that I adore. She really has such a beautiful quality to her voice that sounds very similar to Adele.

Articles: This piece by Stephanie Nichols on the importance discovering true beauty in a culture inundated with pop art is a must read.

Videos: This short video by The Remnant features an audio recording of Bruce Springsteen reminiscing about his Catholic up-bringing. It packs a real punch, exposing the deep, depressing losses the Catholic Church has experienced with the implementation of Vatican II reforms.

Shops:  With First Holy Communion and Confirmation season drawing near I discovered a unique gift idea from Clarey Clay Works who hand craft lovely personalized ceramic keepsake bowls for storing rosaries, change, jewelry, etc. They are a bit pricey, but so lovely.

Food: With my kitchen partially out of commission I've had to limit how elaborate our meals are. It's a good lesson in simplicity and detachment, to be honest. This week we enjoyed this lovely, simple coconut milk and thyme chicken.

Prayer: We've added the Pardon Prayer from Fatima to our morning offering. This prayer was taught to the three little shepherd children by the angel who first visited them:


My God, I believe, I adore, I hope and I love Thee! I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope and do not love Thee.





Comments

Popular Posts