Requiescat in Pace

Joyce was the first friend I made when we moved to Utah.  I met her after First Friday Mass at our parish and she welcomed our family to Utah and our parish so warmly.  We were quick and fast friends, which ended up being out of necessity, as not long after the blossoming of our friendship, her doctors discovered a reoccurrence of cancer.  She battled cancer three times in her life and in the end cancer took her from her husband, nine children, father, siblings, and countless friends.  While we rejoice Joyce has been released from her prolonged suffering and take comfort in the knowledge she fought the good and holy fight, our hearts break for her family and for ourselves.  She will be greatly missed.  Please pray for the repose of her soul and for the comfort and consolation of her loving husband and nine children ranging in ages from 7 to 27 years old.


“I then, O my Praise and my Life, Thou God of my heart, putting aside for a little her good deeds, for which I joyfully give thanks to You, do now beseech You for the sins of my mother. Hearken unto me, through that Medicine of our wounds who hung upon the tree, and who, sitting at Your right hand, makes intercession for us. (cf. Romans 8:34) I know that she acted mercifully, and from the heart (cf. Matthew 18:35) forgave her debtors their debts; do Thou also forgive her debts, whatever she contracted during so many years since the water of salvation. Forgive her, O Lord, forgive her, I beseech You; enter not into judgment with her. Let Your mercy be exalted above Your justice, (cf. James 2:13) because Your words are true, and You have promised mercy unto the merciful; (cf. Matthew 5:7) which You gave them to be who wilt have mercy on whom You will have mercy, and wilt have compassion on whom You have had compassion (cf. Romans 9:15).”

--St. Augustine



Comments

Popular Posts