Buffalo Inspired Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I'm joining the Mom's recipe exchange. The inspiration for today's swap is LUNCH. I must admit, lunch is the toughest meal of the day for me. Our kids are very picky when it comes to sandwiches and general lunch fare. That, coupled with our food issues, means they usually are on their own when lunch rolls around. I encourage them to eat some kind of protein and a fruit or vegetable, but really I have no idea what most of them eat for lunch. Today's recipe is one I use for dinner on sandwich night, but there is usually some left over and it really does make a great lunch.

Buffalo Inspired Chicken Salad

3 or 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper and baked in a 350 degree oven until done (about 20 minutes); cooled and then either diced or pulled into shreds
1 carrot; diced
1 celery stalk; diced
1 tablespoon minced red onion
1/2 cup or more creamy salad dressing; either ranch or blue cheese--because of food issues, I make my own (you can find my dressing recipe here, I add crumbled blue cheese to the buttermilk herb version)
2 tablespoons or more of your favorite hot wing sauce

Toss all ingredients together and serve on sandwich bread, buns, or in a wrap. For extra ease, you can use already cooked chicken that can be found with the lunch meat in your local grocery store, or I bet store prepared rotisserie chicken would be great too.

Comments

Foxfier said…
*drool* I may have to cross that with my rice balls.... it'd be a great filling.

Popular Posts