I❤️ Utah--Merry Christmas

While driving through Ogden one evening,  I saw that the city hall had put up a large lighting display.  It was unlike any I'd seen in many, many years and I was immediately struck by the large "Happy Birthday Jesus!" sign.  After asking a local about it, I was informed this is an annual event in Ogden called The Christmas Village--notice it is NOT called The Holiday Village.  I remember displays in shop windows at Christmas in my hometown and how much I enjoyed the animated figures and masses of people shuffling along the sidewalk from one window to the next. This last weekend I took my own children to enjoy a wonderful local Christmas tradition.



Lil' Lamb loved all the "yights".




The village is filled with more than 60 little cottages decked out by local businesses.  This is the E.L.F. Bakery complete with animated figures decorating cookies.





Of course our kiddos had to visit the Ski Shop.





The Chapel of Hope





The ruffians with one final pose.

Comments

Popular Posts