Chocolate Cobbler--A Stolen and Slightly Revamped Recipe

He may have been just kidding around, but one evening Wingnut asked for chocolate cobbler dessert. After a quick google search I discovered chocolate cobbler is a southern delight and of course there were recipes galore all over the web. I decided to go with the version The Pioneer Woman reviewed and posted a link to from Tasty Kitchen. It was a huge hit with the family, but I thought I could really pump up the chocolatey decadence by using Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips and some espresso.  The next attempt definitely satisfied.  And so, while giving proper credit to the original, I'm posting my substitutions here for you.

Here is the link to the original recipe from Tasty Kitchen:  Granny's Chocolate Cobbler

In my version, substitute 1 1/2 cups of Ghriadelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips for 4 of the TBSP of cocoa powder.  Melt the chips with the butter and once melted add 1 TBSP of instant espresso powder and stir in until dissolved.  Continue to follow the original recipe.  This cobbler should be served piping hot.  It's absolutely molten, but worth a couple burns on the roof of your mouth ;)

Comments

Katie said…
I may just need to make this as our valentine's day treat! YUMMY!
Anonymous said…
U really should



SkoshiA

Popular Posts