Our Family Will Not Survive the Zombie Apocalypse

So with the water tank leaking this week we had to turn off the water main to the house. Oh my goodness! I did not realize what having no water would mean to this family! The little kids kept standing at the refrigerator waiting for water to come out of the dispenser all day. I had to constantly remind them the water was off. The older kids were in a panic about not getting showers. Even though we turned to using paper plates, the sink was filled with dishes after only one meal. I couldn't do laundry, run the dish washer, or even wash my hands. After just an hour of this, we decided we would turn the water on when it was desperately needed, and after just one bathroom visit by Lil' Wingnut, it was desperately needed, if you know what I mean. I was running up and down the stairs all day turning the water on and off as needed.

I'm just a little worried. We have become so dependent on running water I seriously doubt we would survive an emergency of any kind, let alone the coming zombie apocalypse.

Comments

Teresa said…
Oh no! Plumbing disasters aren't fun. :(

If you wind up having to get a new hot water heater, it might be a good idea to ask the plumber how much it would cost to put a shutoff valve on the water heater itself. We have one, and it means we can turn the hot water off at the heater but still use toilets and taps and run cold loads of laundry.

Popular Posts