I Will Take the Cup of Salvation



Just a very quick reflection on the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ:

One of the most memorable evenings on my conversion journey was the night our RCIA class was walked step by step through the celebration of the Mass. Father Fuller was a wonderful teacher and did a thorough and faithful job in explaining every aspect of the Mass. At one point it was revealed to me for the first time that as Catholics we believe the bread and wine become the actual body and blood of Christ. I had never heard this teaching before and so I put up my hand to ask a question.

"To be Catholic, do we have to believe this teaching?" I asked.

Father Fuller looked me in the eye and said, "Yes, you do. It is a cornerstone belief of our Faith."

At that moment, and without hesitation, I believed. I know this was a tremendous gift, a special grace that was granted to me at that moment. From that night on I haven't looked back. I am so very grateful!

Comments

Popular Posts