On My Heart Today

As often as I consider deleting Facebook it's surprising how many things I come across that show me Facebook can actually be a blessing in many ways.  This morning as I scrolled through Facebook three items popped up which struck and blessed my day.

The first was an article entitled "10 Things My Mom Told Me As a Kid That Give Me Confidence as an Adult".  Amazingly this article is from a secular source but one of the things mentioned was, "I'm Praying for You."  I pray for our kids everyday, but I really don't tell them that.  You know what, they actually need to know that they are on our hearts and in our prayers.

The second item was my daily reminder to pray the Sacred Heart Novena which began yesterday.  I have a really important intention I'm praying for right now and as I scrolled through the promises associated with devotion to the Most Sacred Heart I drew comfort especially from these two: I will give peace in their families, uniting families that are divided and Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.  Such beautiful promises, no?

The final post I took to heart was posted by Doug Barry, founder of Radix and Battle Ready, and who appears regularly on EWTN. This is what he posted along with a picture of him with his daughter when she was a toddler:

This is my adorable daughter, many years ago. She will be married later this year. She is precious to me as are all of my children, including my daughter in-law and soon to be son in-law. They are one of the main reasons I wake up every morning thinking about how I can defend the Catholic Faith. I want them to see a father who is a fighter for what is noble and sacred. I want them to have the experience of a mentor who daily tries to grow, learn and pass on the truth with zeal and conviction. I have made mistakes. I am a sinner. But even and especially in those times I want them to see what it means to persevere, run to God's mercy and get back on the battlefield! I do this for the souls of generations that are to come after me, especially those that God has placed directly in my path such as my children. I am honored to be a father. I love being a father and I love these children that God has blessed me with!!

Wonderfully expressed and so true! This is exactly what I aspire to be as a mother to these children we've been given.  May God give me the graces for it to be so.

Inspired by these three posts I messaged each of our adult children.  I let them know I was praying for them. Specifically, I am offering the Novena to the Most Sacred Heart for them.  I wrote them that I love them, and now, with the help of God's grace, I hope to be the mother God made me to be to each of them.




Comments

Popular Posts