The Fruit of the Spirit

GG passed away the Friday after Thanksgiving.  It wasn't a surprise.  She hadn't been doing well,  and she was 105, for goodness sake.  She lived a long life and was a servant of God in everything she was and did.  I was able to go home for a few days for her service this last week.  It was a sad and wonderful trip.  We are all grieving for ourselves, but we are also relieved for her.  I have great hope, when she faces our Lord, he will say to her, "Well done, good and faithful servant." Please pray for the repose of the soul of my grandmother, Olive Annie Maxwell.  May she rest in peace and eternal happiness.

3 years ago I wrote this post, which still describes my feelings for her today.  She was one of a kind.

I have more to say and photos to post in the coming days.  I want to post my brother's eulogy from her service.  It was perfect.  He drew from Galatians 5:22-23 which described her flawlessly.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, self-control; against such there is no law."




Comments

Chere Mama said…
Praying for her and you Maurisa! May she rest in peace!
Denise

Popular Posts