Finished Re-Finishing

Several weeks ago I decided I would strip down, prime, and spray paint our old kitchen table and chair set.  Everything I read said spray painting old furniture was a great way of re-furbishing.  Well, either I'm not super handy in the area of furniture re-finishing or, all the so-called experts were wrong.  This project took much longer, twice as much paint and primer, and I ended up having to put a top-coat over the paint in the end, which all the experts claimed I would not need.  The set looks better than it did before I tackled the project, but there are drips of top coat and the paint is uneven and slightly bumpy in spots.  Sigh.  Well, now I know, re-finishing furniture is not my thing.  Thankfully, the set looks nice enough to use for several more years and then I can invest in a nicer set.


Comments

Anonymous said…
That looks great! I spray painted our dining table chairs and table as well, but I'm about to go over them again with a semi-gloss. Did you use a paintbrush or a foam brush? I'm going with a foam brush since I want very even coating with less brush streaks.
Anonymous said…
I also think we have the same dining set! lol
Maurisa said…
I used a brush and it did not leave stroke marks as the top coat was self leveling.
Maurisa said…
I think it's a pretty standard starter set for many families, lol!

Popular Posts