It All Started with a Second Glass of Wine

The kids were tucked away in bed and Wingnut and I were enjoying a quiet evening watching Master Chef.  I had a lovely glass of Argentinian Malbec.  It was so lovely I decided to have a second glass and that is when my morning run went very wrong.

Because I had that second glass, it took me longer to get around this morning.  I was feeling pretty lethargic.  Because I had that second glass, I went ahead and had my coffee before my run, which delayed me a bit longer.  Because I had that second glass, I was a bit dehydrated, so I hung around and drank some extra water.  Because I had that second glass, I didn't hit the road until past 9:30 am and it was already too hot for me to run.  Because I had that second glass, my legs were like lead and did not want to move.

I ran about two miles and felt like garbage.  It was too hot and the air was fairly thick with haze.  I turned to head home and came across a woman driving a monstrously huge truck.  She decided to turn left in front of me and as she passed by, her monstrous truck belched a cloud of black smoke that I had to then run through. That spelled the end of my run.  If I hadn't had that glass of wine, I wouldn't have left so late for my run and I wouldn't have had to breathe in a cloud of nasty exhaust.  I walked the rest of the way home.

Come to think of it.  It all started with my running buddy throwing up the day before.  If he hadn't caught a stomach bug, we would have gone for our run together on Thursday.  There we go!  I'll blame it on vomit.

Comments

Popular Posts