Run for the Little Flowers Virtual 5K 2012

My dear friend Katie has a heart for orphans and while adoption is not in the picture for her family (right now), she felt the need to do something to help the high needs orphans of China's Little Flower Project.  Katie organized this great virtual run and inspired upwards of 200 people to donate, participate, and raise awareness for this wonderful charity.

CNS ran an awesome story on Katie and her virtual charity run.  You can read it here.




This week, my kiddos and I ran our virtual run in honor of The Little Flower's Project.

This is me on Wednesday.  I ran my run alone and as part of my 10K training program.  I thought a lot on that run about the Project, orphans, abandoned children, and the disabled.  There's a blog post brewing addressing those thoughts.



My four youngest kiddos ran the track on Thursday.  Each of the three older kids ran a mile.


Lil' Lamb ran the .1 mile to finish the 3.1 or 5 K.  He then ran off to play at the park.



Here they are at the end of their run.  Lil' Lamb had no interest in getting his photo finish.  He was busy playing and admiring his medal.


Comments

Katie said…
Great post Maurisa! Love the pictures. Thank you for your support!
Tiffany said…
Love that you included your kiddos! How great!


~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

Popular Posts